Monday, September 6, 2010

Review: Jealousy

Title: Jealousy
Author: Lili St. Crow
Date Released: July 30th, 2010
Pages: 316
Rating: 4 out of 5

Description:
Dru Anderson might finally be safe. She’s at the largest Schola on the continent, and beginning to learn what it means to be svetocha–half vampire, half human, and all deadly. If she survives her training, she will be able to take her place in the Order, holding back the vampires and protecting the oblivious normal people.

But a web of lies and betrayals is still closing around her, just when she thinks she can relax a little. Her mentor Christophe is missing, her almost-boyfriend is acting weird, and the bodyguards she’s been assigned seem to know much more than they should. And then there’s the vampire attacks, the strange nightly visits, and the looks everyone keeps giving her. As if she should know something.

Or as if she’s in danger.

Someone high up in the Order is a traitor. They want Dru dead–but first, they want to know what she remembers of the night her mother died. Dru doesn’t want to remember, but it looks like she might have to–especially since once Christophe returns, he’ll be on trial for his life. The only person who can save him is Dru.

The problem is, once she remembers everything, she may not want to…

Review:
I didn't love this book, but I liked it :)  The problem was that at some parts it got really, REALLY slow and just seemed to sort of drag on.  I think that's why it took me like 2 weeks to finish such a small book.  I didn't give it such a depressing score, though, because I really liked the plot twists and the suprises that come through out the book.  This book also has a lot of information on who killed Dru's mom and why. 

So, there's also a love triangle.  It's shown up in the other books, but in this one, it REALLY shows.  Obviously, the triangle involves Dru, Graves and Christophe.  I think that I really like Christophe and Dru together because Graves and Dru just didn't seem right to me... He seemed more like a really good friend since the way he acts towards her is more like a friend.  But maybe I just like the idea of Christophe being with Dru more since he's not there all the time, where as Graves is, and Christophe is more serious.  But I'm glad that he said that he'll really stick around more, even though he started sticking around more towards the end of the book.

This book was pretty good, and a good follow-up Betrayals, but there was kind of the same problem as before: Some parts were just way to slow.  It would pick up, but then die down again.  But I have to tell you guys one thing... the ending is SHOCKING!! I can't wait for the next book, Defiance.  I hope it's not as slow though :)

Cover Review:
So, Baylee and I had this pretty huge discussion on why Graves should be on the cover (I thought that he should've been there.... and Baylee was explaining to me why he should't have been on it).  And I guess I understand why Christophe is on it and Graves isn't on there too.... But STILL!  Graves was in a majority of the book.  Shouldn't he get some credit?  But I guess I like it anyways, with or without Graves.  And it's purple :D

Cleo :)

*Description from Goodreads.com

Lili St. Crow's website
Strange Angel's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥