Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (28)


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, which is brought to you by Jill at Breaking the Spine! This meme is where you can post about what book(s) you're really look forward to.

This week, I absolutely can't wait for... 

                                                Someone Else's Life

Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
Coming out on April 12th, 2012

When seventeen-year-old Rosie’s mother, Trudie, dies from Huntington’s Disease, her pain is intensified by the knowledge that she has a fifty-per-cent chance of inheriting the crippling disease herself. Only when she tells her mum’s best friend, ‘Aunt Sarah’ that she is going to test for the disease does Sarah, a midwife, reveal that Trudie was not her biological mother after all... Devastated, Rosie decides to trace her real mother, hitching along on her ex-boyfriend’s GAP year to follow her to Los Angeles. But all does not go to plan, and as Rosie discovers yet more of her family's deeply-buried secrets and lies, she is left with an agonising decision of her own - one which will be the most heart-breaking and far-reaching of all...
This is really different from what I usually read, but it sounds really interesting!  I also really like the cover, even though it looks pretty somber.  I love the doodles too!

What are you waiting for today?

Cleo :)

13 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like it might be a rollercoaster of emotions. :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, the synopsis just got me and totally caught me off guard. This book sounds really good and makes me wonder what happens in it. Great pick. =]
    Here is My WoW this week. =]
    The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. From looking at the cover, I was like, "Oh! Another cute read!" And then I read the summary, haha... Sounds emotional and bittersweet. Great choice. :)

    Sophia
    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks and sounds really good and something different. I like it when authors use a diagnosis in books. I have this on my wishlist!




    - Mary [Anxirium]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. I had not heard of this before seeing it here but it sounds like something I might like. I might add it to my TBR list.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love contemporary novels? This one just sounds fabulous and emotionally intense. Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Road trip Yeah! Love it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover too! Very cute :D Sounds like a really emotional read though - which is exactly the kind of book I love. Those that really dig deep and leave me in a mess of tears... I'm a sucker for them! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! Looking forward to this too!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-15-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to post this as my WoW, but decided to post it at a later date :O Yeap, it sounds intense. I'm totally looking forward to reading Someone Else's Life :)

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, this sounds new and different. And emotional! I haven't heard of it before, but now I'm adding it to my TBR list! There are some really great books coming out in 2012! Great pick!
    Courtney
    See my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good choice. This is a little different type of book for me too, but definitely one I want to read.

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥