Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (27)


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, which is brought to you by Jill at Breaking the Spine! This meme is where you can post about what book(s) you're really look forward to.

This week, I absolutely can't wait for... 


Second Chance Summer

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Taylor's family might not be the closest-knit – everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled – but for the most part, they get along fine. Then they get news that changes everything: Her father has pancreatic cancer, and it's stage four – meaning that there is basically nothing to be done. Her parents decide that the family will spend his last months together at their old summerhouse in the Pocono Mountains.

Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven't actually gone anywhere. Her former summer best friend is suddenly around, as is her first boyfriend. . . and he's much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

As the summer progresses, the Edwards become more of a family, and closer than they've ever been before. But all of them very aware that they're battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance – with family, with friends, and with love.
I absolutely ADORED Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson and was so excited when I found out that she was writing another book :D  Second Chance Summer sounds really good!  If you haven't read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, I totally suggest that you do! 

What are you waiting for this week?

Cleo :)

13 comments:

  1. Just added this to my to-read shelf. Thanks for sharing =)

    My W.O.W: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks really good, i hadn't seen it before today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited to see what she comes up with this time. I wonder if this book will have pictures too, but I don't think it's necessary, right?


    - Mary

    My post if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Morgan Matson had a new book coming out! Definitely going on my to-read list, I loved Amy and Roger's Epic Detour aswell. I'm a new follower

    Here is mine if you would like to check it out;
    Waiting on Wednesday #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this book on my to-read list as soon as I found out Morgan's releasing a new book! I loved Amy & Roger's and I hope this book is as good as that! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and Matson's writing so am definitely wanting this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look amazing. It is now on my TBR!!

    Check out my WOW here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morgan Matson writes some great contemporary so I definitely excited about this one too!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Please check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds interesting, saw other person pick this for their WoW. It has to be good, so I really have to read it now. Great choice!

    Here's ours:
    http://thestoryseekers.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-06.html#comments

    Alice @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice! I think this will be a bestseller when it drops. Great cover.

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-14-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    My AWESOME Giveaway (Signed Copy of Across the Universe by BethRevis): http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-giveaway-across-universe-by-beth.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥