Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Date Released: December 2nd, 2010
Pages: 372
Rating: 5 out of 5

Description:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?



Review:
I freaking love this book, and even though I finished it several days ago... I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT IT!  This has got to be one of the cutest and heartwarming books that I've read this year!  And I seriously wished that I hadn't finished it in 2 days :(

Romance was basically everything in this book.  And I loved it.  It was the type of romance that made your heart go all crazy and made you say (mentally, of course), "Awww" like every 5 seconds. 

Anna and the French Kiss was also seriously funny, making it entertaining throughout the whole entire novel.  I have my sister, who's currently reading it, coming to me every time she picks up the books saying, "THIS IS SO FUNNY!" 

What I LOVE about Anna and the French Kiss was Etienne St. Clair.  He seriously makes my heart melt... And is like the most perfect, drool-worthy, ideal boyfriend for anyone.  I mean like, he is American/English/French.  No wonder why he had a girlfriend and two girls vying for his attention...  I really liked Anna because she was really funny and had some flaws and you feel like you got to know her really well.  Actually, all of the characters were very well written and had their own solid personalities. 

Basically, anyone in need of a romantic and funny novel should look up Anna and the French Kiss because it is SERIOULSY (and I do mean SERIOUSLY) amazing.  It will make your heart thump, make you laugh, make you think about it even after you finished reading it, and make you fall in love with all of the characters (especially St. Clair).  It's really addicting, the writing was great, and now I definitely can't wait until Lola and the Boy Next Door comes out to see if it'll be just as great as Anna and the French Kiss!

Cover Review:
This cover is really cute!  I love the little Eiffel Tower in the background, because it's not Paris without the Eiffel Tower, right?  I also think that it's really cute how Anna's smiling to the boy next to her, although it would've been cool to see St. Clair's face... But Stephanie Perkins described him pretty well, so I'll just imagine a really cute head somewhere on the cover looking right back at Anna :D

Cleo :)

*Description and picture from goodreads.com
**Review copy borrowed from a library.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely one of my all time favorite contemporary YA novels. You captured the magic in your review :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥