Saturday, September 3, 2011

Review: Die For Me

Title: Die For Me
Author: Amy Plum
Date Released: May 10th, 2011
Pages: 341
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Description:
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.


Review:
Die For Me really isn't as creepy as it sounds.  The title kind of makes it seem like a creepy novel with really desperate characters because you're probably thinking, "Whoa.  Obviously this character is very desperate because he/she would die for the other person."  BUT NO!  That's not the case!  Die For Me was definitely a very awesome book!

What I tremendously loved about Die For Me was the setting.  Lately, I have this addiction to anything Paris lately that probably developed because of my Spanish teacher (Ironic, huh?  she teaches Spanish, but yet she loves Paris).  What I loved about it being set in Paris was that it's supposed to be the most romantic city in the world, right?  And this was perfect for Die For Me since the two characters, Kate and Vincent, are "star-crossed" lovers! 

All the characters, especially the guys, were really charming :)  Vincent like made me want to melt in my... socks or shoes and Katie seemed like a down to earth girl.  One thing that got on my nerves a little bit was the moping over each other part, but it wasn't that bad. 

I also really liked the whole idea of zombies, or also known as revenants in Die For Me.  I don't think that I've ever read a book about zombies so Die For Me was really intriguing.  Normally, you'd think of zombies as being all gory looking with their innards falling out and basically looking like Frankenstein minus the bolts in his head, but Amy Plum really polishes up their image and make them seem... well... almost normal :) 

Plum certainly also kept me really captivated throughout the book, not with just the plot, but with the romance as well.  Vincent and Kate were just too cute for each other!

Overall, I really liked Die For Me!  The whole idea of it being set in Paris was just plain awesome, and then with all the romance, it was just perfect! 

Cover Review:
I really like this cover, although it seems to portray the book as a little bit too dark as to how I perceived the book to be, I really like it.  I love how she's looking over Paris and those swirly designs are way too cool.  I also like the pinkish red color.

Cleo :)

*Description and cover from goodreads.com
**Review copy purchased.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too. The setting and everything. While reading this book it made me pull a Katie and go to a cafe and read. Thanks for the review. *Team Jules*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. The characters and setting were the best parts for me. I loved Vincent's revenant "family".

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥