Thursday, November 18, 2010

Review: The Iron Daughter

Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Date Released: August 1st, 2010
Pages: 359
Rating: 5 out of 5


Description:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Review:
This has got to be the best series ever, next to The Hunger Games, of course.  Wow.  I was just amazed by all the action and adventure in The Iron Daughter, not to mention all the romance.  It really sucked me in and I couldn't stop reading it!!!  After I would have to put the book down, I'd keep thinking about picking it back up again... I was totally addicted to it!

This book is N.O.N S.T.O.P A.C.T.I.O.N.  And I'm seriously not kidding.  It really keeps you on your toes.  They're always on the move or thinking of a plan to retrieve what is lost.  If you love adventure, then this is the series for you.  I really can't keep my excitement down...  This is just pure awesomeness.  And I have no other words for it... Wait, maybe I do.  I think that Kagawa also does a good job of adding new things into the book and series, and expanding more on the knowledge of the Iron Fey.  Even though she adds some more new characters like Leanansidhe, I don't think that I will ever forget them, unlike how I normally do (like in the Blue Blood series...).

In the beginning, when Ash was being a jerk, I wanted to punch him in the face or something sooo badly, because I'm Team Ash and I think he rocks, but he was being mean to Meghan.  But it all came together and I totally understand why, and you can tell that because of his actions, he really loves her.  However, the romance in this book is a love triangle.  We all love those :)  It's pretty predictable... Especially if you've seen the whole Team Ash and Team Puck thing going around :)  I'm not Team Puck because I just think that Puck is more of a best friend to Meghan than Ash.  I like how he's really nice and tries to lighten the mood and make jokes, but sometimes he seems like he's not all that serious.  Personally, I think that people like Ash more because he just seems so mysterious.  And to me, Meghan and him just seem right.  I'm still trying to figure out why they're so right for each other, and I'll get back to you guys on that one.

So, now, I begin my wait for The Iron Queen (February 1st, 2011), and then The Iron Knight (2011).  *Sigh*  But I'll manage.  If you haven't read The Iron King yet, then go out and get it now!  It's amazing!  If you don't believe me, then read my review here.  It's proof of my opinion :P

Cover Review:
Again, this is a very cool cover.  I love the designs and how it's a purple theme this time!  But it's also got this iciness that reminds me of the Winter Court.

Cleo :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this series as well-- I just got the ARC of The Iron Queen *squeal*! I'm glad you enjoyed the book-- I thought it was much better than the Iron King. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥