Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review: Freefall

Title: Freefall
Author: Mindi Scott
Date Released: October 5th, 2010
Pages: 315
Rating: 5 out of 5

Description:
How do you come back from the point of no return?


Seth McCoy was the last person to see his best friend Isaac alive, and the first to find him dead. It was just another night, just another party, just another time where Isaac drank too much and passed out on the lawn. Only this time, Isaac didn’t wake up.

Convinced that his own actions led to his friend’s death, Seth is torn between turning his life around . . . or losing himself completely.

Then he meets Rosetta: so beautiful and so different from everything and everyone he's ever known. But Rosetta has secrets of her own, and Seth will soon realize he isn’t the only one who needs saving . . .

Review:
Freefall was an amazing book. I loved how this could actually be someone’s life. I think that people can relate to every aspect of this book whether it’s from facing your fears or just going through a relationship with someone. Freefall captivated me and I could not put it down (although I had to because of school and stuff >.< (<-- annoyed face)). I think that if I could, I would’ve been able to finish this in one sitting.



At first, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Seth. I understood that he lost a friend, and Seth thinks that he’s the one to blame for his death, but I didn’t like how he would drown himself in parties and drinking. After a while, I noticed that he was changing and probably wanted to be a better person, so I started liking him then. I even felt bad for him, and totally shocked, when a popular jerk at his school started spreading lies. However, when Rosetta came into the book, I immediately loved her (as a character). I loved her personality and to me, she seemed different, like she didn’t really want to be in the popular crowd, or she didn’t really fit criteria of being popular because she was just too nice :D Haha, I know, dumb reason, but she wasn’t like her friends! I swear she wasn’t! She was pretty nice to Seth, and didn’t treat him like trash, unlike the circle of friends she had at school.


I will warn you though: there is some bad language and making out and stuff like that… I won’t get into specifics, but you know what I mean, right? If it were a movie, it’d probably be rated PG-13. But I didn't let the bad language or the inappropriate stuff hold me back. I wanted to read this because it sounded great and I heard a lot of great things about it :D Overall, Freefall is a great, awesome, and captivating book that’ll probably captivate you, too.


Cover Review:
I love the cover and how it's pretty simple, but it's just so beautiful in the way that the glass has crashed on the floor.  I wonder how they took a picture of that...
 
Cleo :)
 
*Description from Goodreads.com
**Review copy won.

1 comment:

  1. I plan on buying this one very soon. It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥