Sunday, December 12, 2010

MarMar's Mini-Review: Beautiful Creatures


Cleo's already written a review for Beautiful Creatures, which you can read for the full review, but I loved this novel a lot and feel the need to put in a few cents :)

Credit to Cleo again for suggesting this book for me. I'd seen it quite a few times at bookstores and stuff, but kind of misjudged it to be a typical YA novel, which I was rather sick of at the moment. Well I decided to try reading it finally because Cleo was GUSHING so much about it (not really. but still :) and wow. I an so glad I did. Proves you shouldn't always judge a book by its cover.
This books flows from event to event, and the writing makes it really realistic. I felt like i could really relate to the character even thought it was through a guy's perspective, and it was like i was seeing his life through his eyes. The writing really is amazing and so is the plot - i literally could NOT put this book down! I think the characters in the novel really prove you shouldn't be afraid to be an individual, and its a rollarcoaster ride of events balancing the supernatural and just plain high school drama :D
Beautiful Darkness is great too, which I've also written a review for, and Cleo is reading ATM too! check it out!

keep reading folks!

signing off
MarMar<3


3 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now! Unfortunately, I'm also studying for finals so I'm not able to read it as freely as I would like. Loving it so far though; totally agree with what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really enjoyed this book! Beautiful Darkness arrived in the post a few days ago, so when I'm finished my current read I'll dive into that!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥