Monday, December 27, 2010

Cover Crazy 6!

Okay so I know that Cleo already posted one tonight but I haven't done one yet so I thought... what the heck?


Cover Crazy 6





Cover Crazy is a weekly meme that was created by Tawni over at The Book Worms to show which cover(s) you are absolutely going crazy over!


This week I'm going crazy over the cover for...The Luxe by Anna Godbersen!



This is a full view of the wrap around cover and my gosh what a view it is I mean JUST LOOK AT THIS DRESS! This is a very elegant and classy cover that features a beautiful woman in a to die for dress...but it also captures the darkness of this story by using the dark brown damask wall paper, the dark black vanity in the corner, and the areas that are hidden by shadows. Not to mention the look on the woman's face, which automatically starts the duh duh duh duhhhhhh music playing in my head with the thunder and lightning effects. This cover is a beautiful example of the well known contrast between dark and light, and I love it! The book isn't half-bad either! (;

2 comments:

  1. I did this one for last week's Cover Crazy! I agree with everything you said. That dress is drop dead gorgeous. And, yup, that look on her face tells me she's up to something! I like how you mentioned the contrast between the light and dark colors.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥