Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Impossible


Title: Impossible
Author: Nancy Werlin
Date Released:
September 18, 2008
Pages:
384
Rating:
5 out of 5

Description: Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that the women of her family have been cursed through the generations, forced to attempt three seemingly impossible tasks or to fall into madness upon their child's birth. But Lucy is the first girl who won't be alone as she tackles the list. She has her fiercely protective foster parents and her childhood friend Zach beside her. Do they have love and strength enough to overcome an age-old evil?

Inspired by the ballad "Scarborough Fair," this riveting novel combines suspense, fantasy, and romance for an intensely page-turning and masterfully original tale.

Review: Wow, I don't even know where to start....okay um THIS BOOK WAS INCREDIBLE.

Each twist and turn the novel took was unexpected. Each moment had its own special feel. The book was tastefully written, and incredibly creative. The curse and the mystery that is woven throughout the book is simply mind boggling. The mystery really makes you wonder, and with the Elfin Knight (aka the bad guy) looming over and creeping when you don't expect it, it really gives you chills.

I liked Lucy's character, with her headstrong-ness and determination. Her relationship with Zach was really cute and awesome too. I loved how they were childhood friends and next door neighbors, and they eventually blossomed into more.

The lyrics of Scarborough Fair (or The Elfin Knight - whichever version/name you prefer) become that much more haunting through this story. Being an uber fan of music, I downloaded the song by Simon & Garfunkel, and it's whimsicality seems perfect for the atmosphere of this book. I liked the alterations the author made on the lyrics, especially the romantic duet in the end - someone should record it, it'd become my favorite song, no joke! I can't believe this entire book was based off a simple song - kudos to the author! This is definitely now one of my favorite books :)

Cover Review: I don't like the cover. Because I freaking LOVE it. I love the dress, the background, the way the model's hair is blowing in the breeze, the airy font....it's all really perfect. I'd like to imagine I was her and freaking gorgeous xD

keep on reading, fellow book geeks!

MarMar<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥