Monday, June 27, 2011

In My Mailbox! (1)

In My Mailbox is a weekly/monthly/how-ever-often-you-want meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren! Since I just got a hoard of books via Amazon (LOVE) and the library to read over vacation, I though I'd share them all with you guys!Books!Aaaaand me ogling over two more books (cuz they wouldn't fit properly in the other pic xD)

Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning- The story of a seventeen year old girl rising to fame through her band, The Hormones - I don't know about you guys, but sounds like my dream (if only I could play guitar.... xD) And how cool is that band name?!
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard - I actually just wrote a review for this one, plus just watched the first episode of the TV series. A-D-D-I-C-T-I-N-G!
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley - About Terra, a girl with one "flawed" cheek, trying to claw her way out of the grip of her father and find herself through adventure, and a Goth boy named Jacob.
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Cleo's already read this one actually, but the cover looked so cute and the title so, well for lack of better words, epic, that I had to check it out!
The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Steven Chbosky- My one friend obsesses over this book! It's really interesting because the author is actually from a district up north from here, and he wrote this book in high school. Plus it's being made into a movie right here in Pittsburgh with Emma Watson :O
Linger by Maggie Stievfater - Shiver was so good that I had to pick up Linger! I flipped through it, and already I love the green font! (colors make me happy ^-^)
Extras by Scott Westerfeld - Kind of a spin off book from The Uglies series, but the cover looks interesting, and it's set in Asia! How cool is that?
Torment by Lauren Kate - I debated for a while whether or not to read this book, because I didn't really like Fallen - the main character was too whiney for my taste - but this cover just looks so amazing and I hear the sequel it better, so I'm giving it another shot :)
It's Not Summer Without You and We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han - I LOVED The Summer I Turned Pretty, and now I finally got the other two books! And appropriately enough, it's summer and I can fully enjoy the atmosphere of the books :D


Oh and as a heads up to all you book geeks out there, I'm leaving for CHINA tomorrow for summer camp! I don't know if I'll be able to access and computer or not, due to China's weird software, so I'll try to post as often as possible, though not as often as I can now. I'll miss my books, the blog, and all you awesome followers out there!

keep on reading, fellow book geeks!

MarMar<3

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you picked up a lot of great books. North of Beautiful was a really good book. I've not read any of the others.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥