Thursday, October 14, 2010

Review: Eleventh Grade Burns

Title: Eleventh Grade Burns
Author: Heather Brewer
Date Released: February 9th, 2010
Pages: 320
Rating: 3 out of 5

Description:
Things have taken a darker turn for the half-human teenager with an appetite for blood. Joss, a vampire slayer and Vlad’s former friend, has moved back to Bathory. A mysterious and powerful new vampire, Dorian, appears with a shocking secret and an overwhelming desire to drink Vlad’s blood. And Vlad’s arch enemy, D’Ablo, has a sinister plan to eliminate Vlad once and for all. With death threatening from every angle, Vlad will have to use every ounce of his skill and training to survive, but nothing can prepare him for what awaits him in the end.

Review:
I didn't find this book as exciting as the other ones that I read... I actually stopped reading it for a while and managed to finish it yesterday night.... after like 2 weeks.  Which is a long time considering the fact that I read each book in The Hunger Games series in a couple days.  This book bored me, but it still had some really good information that explain the legend of the Pravus, which kind of makes me want to buy the last book.  I'm a sucker for finding more about legends or what's-going-to-happen-next-since-some-really-shocking-cliffhanger-happened in a series.  This one actually had a VERY surprising cliffhanger that seriously shocks you... I had to read the page a couple times to see if it was actually legit, just in case because you never know...

Joss also came back in this book... which was surprising after what he did to Vlad in what I believe is the third book...  But I really can't get over Vlad and how sort of childish he is.  He really believes that he and Joss can be friends again, even though, there are things about Joss that can't make their friendship possible.  Honestly, to me it feels like Vlad hasn't really grown up a lot since 8th grade...  He's in 11th grade going on to 12th and still feels the same to me.

This book is okay.  It's definitely a must read if you want to read the series because, as all books in a series do, it contains vital information that will make you want to read the next book just so it can relieve you of the mystery...  So, plus sides: awesome cliffhanger and the legend of the Pravus.  Not that great because: sort of boring and Vlad seems the same.  Despite it's slight boringness, I still want to read Twelfth Grade Kills because of the cliffhanger and the Pravus.

Cover Review:
I really like these covers and I think that that's what attracted me to the series.  I love the smileys!!!  And the colors of each smiley on this cover and other covers have a meaning.... which I won't tell you guys about ;) It's a secret :D

Cleo :)

*Description from Goodreads.com
**Review copy purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥