This week's question...
Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.
- I have a pet peeve that is book related... and it's that I don't like reading books that are ruined or "dirty" which basically means that it has like food in it or something. This makes me sound like a bad person, doesn't it?
- Because my pet peeve is dirty books, I don't really like checking books out of the library. I know this is a horrible pet peeve! Especially if you looove reading books! But I serioulsy can't help it! Baylee thinks I have like an OCD problem or something, because I can't stand dirty feet either.
- BUT! The good news is that I've recently gotten back to borrowing books from the library (but they have to look new hahaha) I used to, when I was in middle school because they had a huge selection, and always had new ones coming in. Oh, how I miss that library... The library at my high school has an okay selection, but they don't really update it that often. I go to my local library though, which doesn't have the biggest selection, but I think it's because they've probably only started really adding to the young adult section recently because most of the books are fairly recent, like I checked out Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber, and Firelight by Sophie Jordan, which have all come out somewhat recently.
- For some reason, I use to juggle like 3 or 4 books at a time, but now I stick with only one :) Trust me, it's a lot easier.
- When I was little, I was always scared of reading really big books. So, in 5th grade, when I had to do a student led conference, I had to set goals for myself, and one of them went along the lines of this, "I want to be able to read big books like Eragon." In 6th grade, I took on that challenge, and ever since, I've been reading fat books like that :) Well, maybe not that fat, because Eragon is a very fat book, and most of mine are 300-400 pages, where as Eragon is like 5oo or so.