Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Review: Entice

Title: Entice
Author: Carrie Jones
Date Released: December 14th, 2010
Pages: 266
Rating: 4 out of 5

Description:

*May contain spoilers*

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever.

But that's not quite how things have worked out.

For starters, well, Nick is dead.

Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?

And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned... she's Astley's queen.

Review:
I was so excited when I got this book for Christmas because I love this series, and it left off on such a huge cliffhanger in Captivate (the second book) that I just had to get this one!  I really wanted to love this one like Need and Captivate, but there were just some little things that I didn't really like about this book.

However, let's start off with the absolutely awesome things though :D  I thought it was great how it started off because it picked off right where it left off in Captivate so there wasn't any lost time and you kind of knew what was going on (unless you completely forgot what happened in the previous book, like me for instance).  The characters were great.  I really liked how you got to see Zara adapt to her new life as a pixie and how it was really hard for her because her closest friends and family members aren't the biggest fans of pixies and being a pixie is A LOT different from being a normal human being.  And oh. my. goodness.  Astley just makes me want to cry!  I think that he's really changed since Captivate because when you first met him he was sort of hostile, mean, and really wanted Zara to be his queen, but now he wants different things and to make Zara happy that make him so much more loveable than when he first appeared.  Entice just made choosing between Nick and Astley a whole lot harder.

Another good point was that I liked how Carrie Jones added some humor to some of her characters like Issie and Cassidy to lighten up the mood a bit since some really sad events happened in both this book and Captivate.  They definitely made the book funny and were probably my favorite characters throughout the book! 

What I didn't like so much about this book were some of the events that took place... or how the speed of the plot went.  I'm not sure if they're intertwined or totally separate, but I think that some things that happened in this book happened way to fast.  It was almost like it never happened or it was no big deal.  It also didn't flow as nicely as I would have liked it, but the plot was still great with lots of twists and turns that really kept the book sooo intriguing. 

This was a pretty good follow up to the Need series.  I didn't like it as much as I liked the first two, but it definitely has some good scenes and information about the pixies that will most likely leave you with your mouth hanging open :D  The ending was fabulous, too!  It ended nicely, even though some of it might have been a bit predictable.  I definitely need the fourth book (which is still untitled I believe...).  It's the last book right?  I hope it isn't!  But as they say, all good things must come to an end...  So, if you haven't read Need yet, then you must get it!  And then get Captivate... Then get Entice

Cover Review:
It's really beautiful!  I LOVE how the pixie dust is coming out of her mouth and she's breathing it into the air.  The branches in the background kind of make the book look a little creepy, but it's not creepy at all!  Maybe just a little sad, but it has a great happy ending :)
Cleo :)

*Description from Goodreads.com
**Review copy purchased.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I loved Need and Captivate, but I haven't had a chance to read Entice yet. Your review just inspires me to want to read it eve more!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥