Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review: Bloated Goat

Title: Bloated Goat
Author: Manley Peterson
Date Released: September 28th, 2010
Pages: 80
Rating: 4 out of 5

Description:
When Granny Hammy finds Bloated Goat face down in her front yard's drainage ditch, her grandson Cocky Doodle thinks nothing of it. In fact, he says that’s just another normal day for his best friend. But when they discover that Bloated Goat has little black Xs for eyes and is even more bloated than normal, they realize it is much more serious.

Follow them on a humorous adventure as they get tangled up with jewel thieves, a despondent wolf, an alligator gangster, a kingdom of hungry mushrooms, a shocking skunk wedding, and a mysteriously powerful chameleon known as Crazy Ned.

Review:
One day, Cocky Doodle's best friend, Bloated Goat, is found with x's for his eyes, which of course means that he's dead.  This unfortunate death leads to the funny adventure that Cocky and Granny Hammy go on to give Bloated Goat the proper burial he needs.  Along the way, Bloated Goat somehow manages to get mixed up with a skunk, mushrooms, a wolf, and many more wild animals that live in this crazy forest.

Bloated Goat isn't exactly young adult.  It's probably more of a middle grade type book, and I think that it's something that my little brother would like because it is pretty hilarious and has the humor that little kids would definitely love.  It reminded me so many times of the TV show on Cartoon Network, Adventure Time (which my siblings love and think is the funniest show in the world).

It would be a great book for kids, that I'm pretty sure they'll enjoy.  It's funny and a quick read (it's only 80 pages, but in the Kindle version I believe).  The storyline is very original and imaginative (I don't think that I've ever read a book like this) and the adventure is absolutely crazy, filled with lots of twists and turns, and encounters with some very strange people (such as Crazy Ned). 

I'd totally recommend it to other people.  This book doesn't really have to be for just kids because I'm sure that there are other teens out there like me, or even adults, who would like a light read that's really funny. 

Cover Review:
I really like the cover and it really fits this book.  Did you know that the author's daughter did the cover?  Didn't she do a good job?  I think she did an amazing job! 
Cleo :)

*Description from Goodreads.com
**Review copy received from author.  Thank you Manley Peterson!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, Cleo. I'm glad you found it hilarious. If anyone would like to read more about Bloated Goat or purchase it for Kindle, Nook, or Smashwords, please check out my blog at Manley's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥