Monday, May 20, 2013

Cover Crush (14): The Beginning of Everything



Cover Crush is a feature here at Booklopedia that features covers that I currently have a crush on. I know that there are multiple features out in the blogging world that feature covers, but I thought that it would be nice for Booklopedia to feature something, especially something that I absolutely love about books, even though they always say, "You should never judge a book by its cover."

Today, I have a huge crush on the cover for The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider!

The Beginning of Everything
Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life. 
No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures. 
But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes?  
Robyn Schneider’s The Beginning of Everything is a lyrical, witty, and heart-wrenching novel about how difficult it is to play the part that people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.
So, this book has actually had both its cover and title redone.  I really liked the original cover and thought it was super cool, but I really like the cover for this one as well.  I love the bright yellow and orange that just grabs my attention.  The roller coaster design is really cool, too, and I'm excited to see how it's going to tie in with the book.  The bright blue title also pops out in contrast with the bright yellow and orange and I like how it is sort of in a handwritten style.  Overall, I really like this simple cover.  Even though I liked the original more and was surprised that they had decided to go in a different direction, I still like this cover, especially in how it's different from many of the other covers that are currently on my shelves and I think it would be the perfect addition when it comes out :)

What do you think of this cover?

Cleo :)

*Description and cover from goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥