Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Favorites/Round Up


Lately, I've been into watching YouTube videos from beauty gurus.  Don't ask me why.  I just have been for some reason.  Anyways, a lot of them do videos on their favorites of the month.  So I thought, why not have a favorites of the month for book bloggers?  I'm going to mix in some other things like music and TV shows because there's only so much you can talk about for books.  But this is only a start, so hopefully for May I'll have a little more :)

Favorite Books:
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
So, I didn't review this book because I thought that it would probably be a little too spoiler filled, especially since it is the last one and I probably wouldn't have been able to contain myself if I reviewed it.  But it was amazing and everything I could have hoped for.  Everything just comes together and while the love triangle had me hooked, finding out how everything would end (and how Tessa carries on into the TMI series) really kept me captivated.  GO BUY IT NOW!  But start with the first book, Clockwork Angel.  Or better yet, just start with The Mortal Instruments series and then get into this series.  You will not regret it.  The movie for the first TMI book is coming out soon anyways, so I would get a start on the series now!

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The review is in the works for this one, but in the mean time, let me just say that I forgot how good this series was.  It's been over a year since I read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer so I forgot how much I really liked it and how there is just sooo much mystery!  It kept me on the edge of my bed the whole entire time.  And not to mention Noah.  Those British boys...  I should just write a post about all my favorite fictional British male characters, which would be just about every single one of them haha

Music Obsession:
A Silent Film
I kind of like bought their whole entire album "Sand & Snow" on iTunes, which I almost never do on iTunes.  But it was a must because I was playing their music nonstop on YouTube.  Their song "Cuckoo Song" is one of my favorites and you can listen to it down below.  It's on the alternative side, so if you enjoy that kind of music, definitely try A Silent Film.



TV Show Obsession:
Doctor Who (2005) PosterDoctor Who
I guess I kind of got on the Doctor Who train a little late.  My family recently got a subscription for Netflix and I found out that seasons 1-6 of Doctor Who was on it, and after watching an episode during a physics class (this is what happens when the majority of a class is made up of seniors and those seniors happen to have senioritis) I decided it was time to start watching the series.  So far, I really like it.  It's super interesting and really funny.  I can't say that I was the biggest fan of Donna from season 4, but I like the rest of the characters.  I don't know what I'll do when I'm finished with all the seasons on Netflix!  Any TV show suggestions?

Books Read:
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Eve by Anna Carey
Once by Anna Carey

This post was kind of a spur of the moment post, so I haven't quite got all of it together, but I just had to do one for April, especially since I wouldn't be talking about Clockwork Princess at all anywhere on this blog and this would be the perfect place to do it.  This month year (so far) has been slow anyways, so I'm hoping that when AP tests come to an end, I can pick up the pace a bit and read more books.  Have I mentioned that I haven't bought a book in almost two months?  Yeah, I think it's time to go on a book buying binge :)

Do you have any favorites this month?

Cleo :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this favorites of the month idea Cleo! I watch Beauty Guru's too sometimes which is totally weird since I don't even wear makeup.... But yeah, I think I'll do this kind of post next month! I like being able to read about bloggers other interests besides books. :)

    I'm curious to get into Doctor Who but at the same time I'm scared because the fandom is a little.... intense? I've seen 5 episodes so far, and I've liked them all okay, but none of them have really made me think OH MY GOSH I MUST WATCH THIS SHOW you know? Maybe it's the lack of cute guys... At least in my opinion. I like David Tennant and all, but I wouldn't exactly watch sometime simply for his looks you know? :P

    I've discovered that half of my ability to stick to a TV show is whether or not it has good eye candy and the other half is plot. I think some of my tastes are getting shallower with time... >.<

    Julia @ That Hapa Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely don't wear makeup either... Or at least on a regular basis and when I do, I pretend like I know how to put it on haha I'm glad that you might do one next month!

      I guess the Doctor Who fandom does seem intense, but I think the whole time traveling thing is cool and I tend to like shows where people solve some sort of case like Supernatural and, of course, Criminal Minds, and Doctor Who satisfies that for me. I'm not a hardcore Doctor Who fan, but it's just an interesting concept really and I have a tendency to watch TV shows till the very end, even if they are bad (not that Doctor Who is bad). It's a bad habit. Eye candy is always important though!!

      Delete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥