Sunday, September 18, 2011

Review: Clarity

Title: Clarity
Author: Kim Harrington
Date Released: March 1st, 2011
Pages: 242
Rating: 4 out of 5

Description:
When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?

This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case - but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother - who has supernatural gifts of his own - becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

Review:
Clarity was a pretty short book, but Kim Harrington was able to jam a lot of information and keep everything short and to the point. 

Clarity was very much a mystery because Clare, the main character, has to solve the murder of an innocent girl... Using her awesome power: Being able to see things when touching an object.

I loved the whole mystery aspect and tying it in with psychic powers to help solve the mystery, which probably made it a whole lot easier to solve the murder.  But then there were the minor setbacks, like her ex-boyfriend, Justin, and the detective's totally gorgeous son, Gabriel. 

Clare was awesome.  She was stubborn, which kind of made her and the book funny, and wasn't all that annoying as some characters in the YA genre can be when they're kind of chasing after a boy.  She also had the voice of a teenager.  I loved her brother, Perry.  I liked his name and I how he was like the overprotective brother, always there to look out for his little sister, even though he was a player, which I couldn't really see because he seemed like a really nice guy. 

Towards the end, it got really suspenseful and I was really in for a thrill as Clare and her little team got closer to solving who the murderer was.  It was pretty shocking and a little unexpected.  I definitely did not see it coming.

I really liked Clarity and it was definitely really unique!  I liked the whole idea of a mystery with a paranormal twist.  It was really cool :)  I'll definitely be looking forward to Perception when it comes out!

Cover Review:
I really like this cover.  It has this calmness surrounding it, and reminded me of the ocean because of the birds in the background and the blue at the bottom, which was what pretty much reminded me of the ocean.  Even though it's a pretty eye-catching cover with it's soft colors, it doesn't really like it would be the cover for a mystery novel.

Cleo :)

*Description and cover from goodreads.com
**Review copy bought.

2 comments:

  1. I have this sitting on my shelf so I'm glad to hear it's a good one! I'll have to get to it sooner rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this one on my shelf, too! i want to read it soon! :) good review!

    stop by my blog! i have some original stock photos i found that were made into book covers!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥