Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mini Challenge: Top 5 Books of 2011

It's another mini challenge today from Cindy at Princess Bookie!

Today's challenge is fairly simple and straightforward, all I have to do is list the 5 books that I think were the best so far this year.  Which could be really hard when you think about it because I probably have like a million!

These are the ones that I can think of off of the top of my head :)

1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium (Delirium, #1)

Simply AMAZING!  Loved every single bit of this book, even the cliffhanger, which was a major cliffhanger and would normally upset me, but it was a good cliffhanger because it makes me want the second book to come out even more!
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1)

Another amazing book!! What is with all of these dystopian novels that are just absolutely awesome!  The whole idea of the world that Roth created was just fathomless and kind of makes me wish that we had factions, even though they are messed up, but still.  It's totally cool.
3. Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss

The cutest little romance novel ever.  Stephanie Perkins just makes your heart melt, especially when it comes to St. Clair.  I also loved the setting.  Setting a romance novel in one of the most romantic cities in the world made it the book absolutely adorable.  I also forced a lot of my friends to read this.  Only two of them have so far, but I'm working on the other ones! 

4. Across the Universe

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)

Across the Universe was really cool.  It had this sci-fi dystopian thing going on, along with a lot of mystery.  I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's in love with all three genres.
5. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

This book was absolutely adorable as well!  It was definitely a really sweet one like Anna and the French Kiss.  Just looking at the cover alone kind of screams how cute and sweet this book is.  It was definitely one of the coolest because the book also had little fun things like playlists for the car and information about the states that they visited.

What are your top 5 books of this year so far?

Cleo :)

1 comment:

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥