Monday, March 11, 2013

Cover Crush (9): Since You Asked



Cover Crush is a feature here at Booklopedia that features covers that I currently have a crush on. I know that there are multiple features out in the blogging world that feature covers, but I thought that it would be nice for Booklopedia to feature something, especially something that I absolutely love about covers, even though they always say, "You should never judge a book by its cover."

Today, I really like the cover for Since You Asked by Maurene Goo!

Since You Asked
No, no one asked, but Holly Kim will tell you what she thinks anyway.

Fifteen-year-old Holly Kim is the copy editor for her high school's newspaper. When she accidentally submits an article that rips everyone to shreds, she gets her own column and rants her way through the school year. Can she survive homecoming, mean-girl cliques, jocks, secret admirers, Valentine's Day, and other high school embarrassments, all while struggling to balance her family's traditional Korean values?

In this hilariously funny debut, SINCE YOU ASKED... takes a fresh look at trying to fit in without conforming to what's considered "normal" in high school, and managing parental expectations without losing one's individuality (or being driven insane).
The one thing that attracted me to the cover was the bright pink that just pops out.  I also love the font for the title and its colorfulness, from the light blue to the bright pink and the neon green.  What adds even more character to the cover is the spunk that the model displays on the cover.  Haha I love her facial expression!! It gives the cover, and the overall story, a spunky attitude that I'm sure will make it a fun read.  It's also about a Korean American teenager, so I think it'd be cool to see how much I can relate to her being half Korean :)

What do you think of the cover for Since You Asked?

Cleo :)

*Description from here and cover from goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥