Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 End of Year Book Survey!


I participated in this survey last year, and was looking forward to doing it again this year!  This was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner!

1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
Hardest. Question. Ever!  I'm going to list a few that I absolutely fell in love with this year, because choosing one is way too hard. 
  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  • Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
  • The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Legend by Marie Lu
  • The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
These were definitely my favorites this year!

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
I'm going to have to go with Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma.  I was really excited for it because it sounded really interesting, but when I started reading it, I just really couldn't get into it.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles!  I always read really good reviews on this book, but it really didn't seem like my type of book, but boy was I wrong!  My friend let me borrow her copies after I heard her talking about it with another friend and I was immediately sucked in.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
I think it might be Anna and the French Kiss.  I made all of my friends who love reading read this book, and they really liked it, too.

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
The Fairiewalker series by Jenna Black has been really good so far, and I love reading about fairies, so it's been a win-win... Ugh! I need Sirensong!

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Stephanie Perkins for sure!!  I've only read one book by John Green, (An Abundance of Katherines), but it was a really good book, and I really want to read more by him.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
This year, I got more into contemporary, and went on a bit of a contemporary rampage, reading a couple Sarah Dessen novels, Stephanie Perkin's books, all of the Perfect Chemistry books... Those types of books.  The best book would have to be... I really hate to be repetitive, but the best book in contemporary would be Anna and the French Kiss :)

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Most of the dystopians I've read this year!  Divergent and Legend are two that come to by mind instantly.

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han and The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa... Both of them were excellent conclusions to their series :)

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?


11. Most memorable character in 2011? 
Male character? ETIENNE ST. CLAIR!  You have to agree with me on this one... 
Female character would have to be... Tris from Divergent!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
This year, it's kind of hard to say.  I didn't read any books that provoked any tears, so, I'm going to leave this one blank for now...

Okay, wait.  Maybe I change my mind.  The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder was definitely one that kept me thinking about miracles, and it sort of centered on life since the main character, Campbell, is basically dying from cancer and doesn't believe in miracles at all.

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
A lot of the books I read were ones that came out this year, but I guess I'll have to go with Perfect Chemistry?  That was definitely the best one out of all of the other ones in the series.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? 
"You know, life fractures us all into little pieces.  It harms us, but it's how we glue those fractures back together that make us stronger."
--Entice by Carrie Jones

"Stop yelling.  If everyone's yelling, no one can be heard."
"Life's all about the revolution, isn't it?  The one inside, I mean.  You can't change history.  You can't change the world.  All you can ever do is change yourself."
--Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

"Realizing you're completely unique... even in a crowd."
--Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John

16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? 
If I owned Anna, then that would be at the top of my list.  But I do own Lola, so that could take Anna's place.

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The revelation in Legend for sure... Although, I guess it could be a bit predictable.  OMG! The whole thing if Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski, too!  The whole entire time I was like, "WHOA! WHAT?! HAHAHAHA THIS IS FUNNY!" But I had to do it secretly because then my family would've stared at me funny (I read it while on vacation with them).  At least I had my friend there, but she didn't really seem interested -_-  The ending of Delirium was definitely a shocker, and when Baylee read it, we were both just like chatting away about the possibilities... I guess we'll see what happens in Pandemonium!


I hope you guys have a Happy New Year and an awesome 2012!!!

Cleo :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great survey. I enjoyed reading your answers. I agree with you on Imaginary Girls. I just was hyped up about it, expecting it to be something it was not, so it was a big let down for me.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥