Thursday, December 22, 2011

Faves of TwentyEleven: Books


I figured that doing the Faves of TwentyEleven posts created by Nomes at inkcrush would basically sum up this year in favorites!  And boy do I have a lot of favorites, so this should be fun!


1.  Favorite Book Read in 2011
Oh dear.  This is an incredibly hard choice to make but I'll have to go with... Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.  Ahhh, I fell in love with that book, and with the characters as well.  It makes me want to go to Paris so badly, too.

2.  Most Powerful Book
I didn't read any books about refugees or World War I this year, so the closest to the most powerful book I've read this year would probably have to be The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder.  I actually haven't finished it yet, but it seems to have that message that you should believe in miracles.

3.  Brilliantly Funny
This one is going to have to go to Beauty Queens by Libba Bray.  I think it's the only funny book I've read this year, but it is pretty insanely funny.  Just think about a bunch of beauty queens, some of them airheads, who are stranded on an isolated island.

4.  Best Ache-y, Heart-breaking, Tear-jerker Read
It's a tie between Where She Went by Gayle Forman and Delirium by Lauren Oliver.  Where She Went was just plain sad in how you got to see how Adam suffered because of the life-altering car crash that Mia was in and in Delirium, love basically doesn't exist between people and the ending was just... absolutely heart-breaking.

5.  Most Beautiful Story
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater was beautiful in that it... I don't know. It's sort of hard to explain.

6.  Delicious Rainy Day Comfort Read
Basically all of the books in the Summer series by Jenny Han.  They're so cute, warm, and bubbly :)

7.  Adrenaline-Fuelled Unputdownable Award
DIVERGENT BY VERONICA ROTH ALL THE WAY!  Duuuuude, I was about to ask for a restraining order for that book because it would NOT leave me alone.

8.  The Beautiful Prose Award
The two Maggie Stiefvater books that I read this year: Forever & The Scorpio Races.  She's an amazing writer!

9.  Most Atmospheric & Vivid Setting
Any of the Iron Fey books!!!  I always get sucked into this completely insane world of the fey that Julie Kagawa created.

10.  I-So-Want-To-Go-There Award
Die for Me by Amy Plum and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins were both set in Paris, and they visited all of these totally awesome places and described it so vividly that I would kill to go there.  It would be amazing!

11.  Most Original and Imaginative Award
You've got to give credit to all of the dystopian novels out there, so I would have to go with all of the ones that I read this year which would be: Across the Universe by Beth Revis, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Crossed by Ally Condie, XVI by Julia Karr, Eden by Keary Taylor, Possession by Elana Johnson, and Wither by Lauren DeStefano.  That's a lot of dystopian!

12.  Best Under-Appreciated, Hidden Gem Book
I'm going to have to go with Rival by Sarah Bennett Wealer.  You don't really hear about it a lot in the blogosphere, but it's a pretty good book about friendship and it was also a debut author book as well.

13.  I-Had-No-Idea-I-Would-Love-This-So Award
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June by Robin Benway because I sort of bought it on a whim, but loved it so much by the end of the story :)

14.  Most Haunting Story
If by haunting, you mean scary, then the closest to scariest book will have to be Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender.  It has ghosts and a creepy doll, so I think that that pretty much covers it all.

15.  Outside My Comfort Zone But Gosh How I Loved It
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles.  I always heard about it but I was kind of like, "Ehh... It doesn't really seem like my type of book."  But when I read it... Sparks just kind of like exploded between me and this book.

16.  Series That I'm Loving
The Across the Universe series by Beth Revis and the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver are two series that I fell in love with this year :)

17.  Always Recommending This Book Award
Anna and the French Kiss!!!!!  I told like all of my book worm friends to read this and they did, and they fell in love with it, too :)

18.  Completely Awesome Premise Award
Can I just say all of the books I've read this year?  If not, then, I guess Passion by Lauren Kate was pretty cool because of how she had Luce go through all of her past lives which was pretty interesting to read about.

19.  Would Make the Best Movie Award
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater for sure!!  Imagine: an island off of Ireland, people with Irish accents, and killer, man-eating horses!!!

20.  Want To Re-Read Already
I'm not the best re-reader in the whole entire world, but the one time I want to re-read something, I don't even own the book, and that book would have to be Anna and the French Kiss.  Ahhh, that was definitely a favorite for this year!

I'm sorry that there were completely NO covers!!  I will admit that I was a little lazy to go look for all of them and then make them fit properly and try to have them not create extra spaces between the paragraphs.  I'm a perfectionist and as Baylee likes to say, a bit OCD, so if something goes wrong, it'll bother me everytime I see it.

Cleo :)

1 comment:

  1. Yaay, I chose Anna too. I'm a bit obsessed with that book. I'm dying to get to Divergent, I've heard so many good things. I didn't think Perfect Chemistry would be really my thing either but it was so addictive.
    Now I'm not so sure if I should read Delerium - it sounds sad but I didn't realise the end would be heartbreaking, too! Is it totally depressing? Is it still worth it?
    Great list, we had the same picks for a few (here's mine if you're interested: http://bellesbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/12/faves-of-2011-book-awards-books.html)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥