Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (50): Fangirl

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature, which is brought to you by Jill at Breaking the Spine! This meme is where you can post about what book(s) you're really look forward to.

This week, I absolutely can't wait for...


Fangirl

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
September 10th, 2013
A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love.  
Cath is a Simon Snow fan. 
Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . . 
But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving. 
Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere. 
Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to. 
Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone. 
For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? 
Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories? 
And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?

First of all, I loved Eleanor & Park.  So, naturally, I can't wait until Fangirl comes out because not only is the cover super cute, but also the story sounds right up my alley since Cath and Wren are both going off to college and I'm going off to college too this fall.  I'm not that big into fandoms, but this one does definitely sound interesting and I can't wait until I can get my hands on it!

What are you waiting for today?

Cleo :)

*Description and cover from goodreads.com

9 comments:

  1. Teehee. Well this sounds cute! Wanna read Eleanor and Park :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this sounds sooo fun! The one I'm looking for nowadays. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! Sounds like an awesome book:)

    My WoW;
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picked this up at BEA and SO excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting that you are off to college this year. I really want to read Fangirl, too. It sounds awesome. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book does sound really good! I love the whole concept. :b Great pick this week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. This books sounds so so good! I added to my goodraeds shelve a while back and I just cannot wait for it's release, and it seems to be too far away, and it's just argh! I want it bad. Excellent pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥