Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer Reads

04-happy-2012-beach-wallpaper_large
from weheartit.com
Summer is ALMOST here!  So, for those of us in school, that means that school is almost out :D  Summer also means that we can catch up on our reading!

So, I've compiled a list of "summery" books (with some commentary) that will hopefully get you into the spirit of summer!


The Summer I Turned Pretty Series by Jenny Han - Man o man... What is there to say about this series?  Well, it's absolutely fantastic, full of romance and the beach, and, well... SUMMER.


Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - for Amy & Roger, it is a road trip set in the SUMMER and nothing screams SUMMER more than a road trip!  I haven't read Second Chance Summer yet, although I have it, but I'm saving it for SUMMER because it seems like a great summery read.

13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)


13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson - this one involves tons of travelling across Europe during the course of a SUMMER!  It's really exciting and sure to keep you on your toes.

Wanderlove

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard - I haven't read this one either, but I've heard that it sounds good, and it involves a lot of travelling, so it should get you into the travelling spirit too :D


The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour - ROAD TRIP!  It doesn't exactly have that "summery" feel, but it takes place over the course of the first few weeks of summer and involves just being free and visiting places, so this one should get you into the mood, too!

Aren't you super excited for summer now?!  I know I am!  I definitely have my summer reading list set and ready to go :)

Cleo :)

*Covers from goodreads.com

2 comments:

  1. I was excited about the summer and now I'm even more! These sound like great summer reads :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Thanks for the suggestions. I've read a lot on this list but I'll definitely be adding the others to my growing "Summer Reading List". Haha. :D

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you guys!! And feel free to ask any questions! ♥